Churrasco

7:56 AM

Churrasco: ✩ ✩ ✩

A pretty yummy dish that consists of pork ribs sometimes topped off with a tasty red sauce that consists of olive oil and paprika called chimichurri. Churrasco is a very common dish in the summer, in fact, I first tried churrasco after a long day at the beach last summer. This is one of the few rare dishes in Spain where it is acceptable to ditch the silverware and use your hands. I have rewarded this dish three stars because, just being completely honest, it definitely does NOT beat my uncle's barbecue Texas-style ribs with BBQ sauce. Being Texas born and raised, I have very high expectations and standards of meat. Although these aren't quite comparable to Texas ribs, churrasco is a delicious meal that I would recommend to anyone visiting the Galician region who might not exactly be brave enough to try something like the octopus. I think that they are a bit flavorless without the sauce, but being from Texas, I think anything is pretty tasty if it's meat. Churrasco initially threw me off when I had my first bite because I was expecting that smoky barbecue taste that I know and love. I've grown to love this new flavor of ribs as well and I look forward to every time we go to have churrasco. The best churrasco I've tried here has been from a family friend that we usually go visit about once a week or once every two weeks. They serve it with chorizo and another type of sausage and patatas fritas, or french fries! French fries are a pretty typical side dish here, but prepare to be shamed and given dirty looks if you reach for them with your hands like any sensible American would!
 

You Might Also Like

3 comments